Sunday, September 9, 2007

matrix goggles

These would definitely make an afternoon stroll around the capitol mall more interesting:
http://englishrussia.com/?p=1377#more-1377

I'd like to point out a few things though. Strictly speaking, the "code view" scenes in the Matrix used a lot of characters outside standard ASCII. Actually there were characters I didn't recognize ... maybe runes, maybe just some wacky shit they made up.

Also, these goggles are creating a 1-to-1 transform of incoming image pixels to ASCII text. Ok well, actually, I image he's sampling groups of pixels and mapping them to single ASCII characters. But the effect is basically the same, just less character-dense (because a single character is bigger than one pixel). Maybe the guy will tweak the filter some, but the matrix code view was a lot more sophisticated than that.

Whatever though, those goggles are a lot cooler than anything I could make ... in goggle form anyway. And since they promote ASCII awareness ... I'm all about it. HUZZAH!!!

So what's up with that one wachowski brother becoming a woman? I'm too lazy to verify myself ... on the one hand, wow ... and then on the other, I really don't give a fuck.

http://rated-m.blogspot.com/2007/08/larry-wachowskis-sex-change-is-complete.html

No comments: